- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 handful chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 410 g can Wattie’s Mexican Style Red Kidney Beans
- ½ cup grated cheese
- oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Combine the tomatoes, shallot, lime juice and coriander in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Warm the tortillas by microwaving them on high for 10 seconds each. This makes them easy to roll without breaking. Spoon 1/4 of the can of Wattie’s Mexican Style Red Kidney Beans
in a line just below the centre of each of the tortillas, alllowing room to fold the ends in. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Fold the bottom edge up over the filling. Fold the opposite ends in and over the filling. Roll up the burrito from the bottom. Place, seam side down, on an oven tray lined with baking paper and spray the top of each burrito with oil spray.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the tortilla is crispy and light golden. Serve with the salsa.
* Brown 150g minced beef and mix with the beans for a tasty variation. Makes 4 large burritos.
* Top with a dollop of sour cream or guacamole.
We have carefully selected the finest kidney beans and combined them with a spicy Mexican tomato base to create these Mexican style red kidney beans, ready for you to create your favourite great-tasting Mexican dishes.