- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 2-3 cups Wattie’s frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix
- 420 g can Wattie's Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 600 g cooked chicken*, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 ½ sheet pre-rolled puff pastry (thawed)
- Milk or beaten egg to glaze
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and stir fry leek over a medium low heat until softened. Add Wattie’s frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix, stirring for 2-3 minutes until thawed. Remove from the heat.
- Add Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup, parsley, sour cream and cooked chicken. Stir to mix, season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into a 24cm diameter pie dish**.
- Preheat oven to 210°C (fan assisted).
- Roll 2 sheets of pastry out together, large enough to cover the top of the pastry dish. Cut the remaining ½ pastry sheet into 2-3cm strips. Wet the edge of the pie dish and place the pastry around the edge. Brush the pastry edge with water, carefully place the pastry lid over the filling, pressing the edges together firmly, trim the pastry. Brush with milk or a beaten egg glaze.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 190°C (fan assisted) for a further 20-25 minutes, until pastry is risen and golden.
*A medium sized cooked chicken will yield about 600 g chicken meat.
**Choose a pie dish that has a lip to ensure the pastry doesn’t fall into the pie and also gives a nice edge to the pie.