- 600 g Tegel chicken thigh fillets
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 2-3 cups Wattie’s frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix
- 420 g can Wattie's Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 ½ sheets pre-rolled puff pastry
- milk or beaten egg to glaze
1. Cut Tegel chicken thigh fillets into 3 pieces. Heat oil in a fry pan, brown chicken pieces, turning once. Set aside.
2. Pan fry the leeks gently in residue oil until softened, add Wattie's frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix, stirring for 2-3 minutes until thawed. Remove from the heat, add Wattie's Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup, parsley, sour cream, reserved chicken and season with pepper.
3. Roll two sheets of pastry out together, large enough to cover the top of a 24cm pie dish. Cut the remaining 1/2 pastry sheet into 2-3cms strips. Wet the edge of the pie dish and place the strips of pastry around the edge. Spoon in the filling. Brush the pastry edge with water, carefully roll the pastry lid over the filling, pressing the edges together firmly, trim the pastry.
4. Brush with milk or beaten egg glaze.
5. Bake at 220°C for 30 minutes or until the pastry is well risen and golden.