- 4 - 4.5Kg ham cooked on the bone or ½ ham
- 300ml Watties Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce
- ¼ cup Cottee’s Maple Flavoured Syrup
- Zest from ½ orange
- 12 cloves
- 6 star anise
1. Carefully run your fingers under the skin of the ham to lift it away. Do this slowly so you finish with a smooth layer of fat. Place ham in a foil-lined roasting dish.
2. Using a small sharp knife cut the ham fat layer into a diamond pattern.
3. Mix together Wattie’s Bit on The Side Cracker Cranberry, Cottee’s Maple Flavoured Syrup and orange zest. Brush liberally over the ham. Pour 2 cups of water around the ham.
4. To glaze and serve hot, bake at 160°C allowing 15 minutes per Kg, brushing with glaze every 15 minutes. It maybe necessary to top up the water during cooking. To glaze and serve cold, bake at 180°C for 35-40 minutes, brushing with glaze every 15 minutes.
5. Garnish with cloves and star anise before serving.
BBQ Cooking Instructions: Preheat lidded BBQ to 200°C, place ham in a tray in the centre of the BBQ. Cover and return to temperature. Turn off the two inside burners and leave the two outer burners on and cook at 200°C for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, (or until ham is hot through to the bone) brushing with glaze every 15 minutes. To glaze and serve cold cook for 45 minutes.