- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 400g can Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped vegetables - potato, carrot, courgettes, green beans
- 400 g can Wattie's Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Heat a dash of oil in a large saucepan. Add the bacon, onion, celery and garlic and cook over medium heat until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the oregano, chicken stock, Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes and chopped vegetables to the saucepan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the drained Wattie’s Red Kidney Beans and return to the boil. Simmer for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until the beans are hot. Stir in the parsley or basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This passata style product uses only the finest vine-ripened Hawke’s Bay tomatoes, crushed and sieved to create this natural tomato sauce style product.
Red kidney beans are a convenient way to make your meat dishes go further. Add them to mince recipes, soups, stews and casseroles to make the meal go further, whilst also bumping up the protein and dietary fibre.