- ½ x 400 g tub fruit mince
- ½ apple, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 sheets ready rolled sweet short pastry, thawed
- icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan bake), or 200°C (conventional). Mix together fruit mince, grated apple and slivered almonds.
2. Using a round cutter, cut out pastry circles approximately 6cm diameter and carefully press into mini muffin tins. Cut out small stars using a star cutter. Re-roll the pastry if necessary.
3. Fill the pastry lined tins with the fruit mince. Place a pastry star on the top.
4. Bake for approximately 15 minutes until the pastry is golden. Allow tarts to cool a little before lifting them out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar before serving.