- 8 thick slices of wholegrain sour dough bread
- 420g can Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans
- 12 slices salami
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- Spoon Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans* onto 4 slices of bread. Top with salami, tomato, red onion and grated cheese. Place a slice of bread on top.
- Brush a frying pan or griddle pan with a little oil. Place the sandwiches in the pan. Cook over a medium low heat, turning once until the sandwiches are golden and filling hot. Alternatively heat a sandwich press. Brush the sandwich tops with a little oil and cook until the toasties are golden and filling hot.
*If the bread is thick heating the chilli beans before spooning them onto the bread will lessen the cooking time.
- Use your favourite bread for the toasties.
Switch it up
Chilli bean and pesto:
- Spread 2 slices of bread with Mediterranean Basil Pesto Chunky Dip. Spoon on Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans and top with diced tomato and red onion. Top with a slice of bread.
Chilli Bean, Haloumi and Spinach:
- Place slices of Haloumi on 2 slices of bread. Spoon on Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans and top with baby spinach leaves. Top with a slice of bread.
To create NZ's top-selling chilli beans we add nourishing red kidney beans to a thick and rich blend of tomatoes, capsicum, onion and chilli powder. The delicious mild flavour is suitable for the whole family.