- 1 kg chicken pieces, bone in (thighs and/or drumsticks)
- 100 g smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 420 g can Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup
- 420 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 handful freshly chopped parsley
1. Heat a dash of oil in a deep lidded frying pan. Brown chicken pieces. Set aside. Drain any excess oil. Add bacon, onion, garlic and celery. Sauté until soft. Stir in Dijon mustard. Place chicken back into pan.
2. Pour over Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup and 1 cup of water. Stir. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add cannellini beans and continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes with the lid off until chicken is cooked and sauce reduced. Stir through parsley.