- 1.5kg chicken pieces, skin on
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 150g buttons mushrooms
- 2 x 400g cans Wattie's Passata
- ½ cup black olives
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC. Heat a dash of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken pieces, season with salt and pepper and brown over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place into a large casserole dish.
2. Add the onion, celery, garlic and rosemary to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until brown. Add to the casserole dish with the mushrooms, Wattie’s Tomato Passata, olives and anchovies, if using. Mix to combine.
3. Cover with a lid then bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour until the chicken is tender. Garnish if desired with chopped parsley.