- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 4 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g butter
- 150 g grated tasty cheese
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 410 g can Wattie’s Cream Style Corn
- 200 ml milk
- 250 ml soda water
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (fan bake) and line a baking tray with baking paper. Fry bacon in a pan until cooked. Set aside to cool.
2. Sift self raising flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips. Stir in grated cheese and chopped spring onions. Add cooked bacon, Wattie’s Cream Style Corn, milk and soda water. Mix together to form a soft dough.
3. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface. Pat the dough into a rectangle about 2-3 cm thick. Cut dough into 16 pieces. Place onto the lined baking tray.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked. Serve warm with butter.