- 400 g vegetables (mix of eggplant, red onion, courgettes, red and green capsicum) cut into 1-2cm pieces
- 400 g skinless chicken breast, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200 g penne pasta
- 150 g Mainland Egmont Cheese, grated
- 525 g jar HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Toss prepared vegetables in a little olive oil. Place in a single layer in a roasting dish. Roast for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and stir-fry chicken until cooked.
3. Cook pasta in boiling water according to packet directions. Drain. Rinse and drain again. Return pasta to saucepan.
4. Add chicken to the pasta along with the roasted vegetables. Add 2/3 of the grated Mainland Egmont Cheese. Pour over HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce. Stir to mix well. Spoon into an oven-proof dish. Scatter over remaining grated cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and cheese has melted. Serve with a salad on the side.
- Any leftover roasted vegetables can be used in this recipe.
- Replace chicken with chorizo, ham or cooked bacon.