- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp Gregg's Ground Curry Powder
- 400g can Wattie's Indian Style Tomatoes
- 400g potatoes, waxy*, cut into 1cm cubes
- 3 cups (300g) Wattie’s frozen Cauliflower
- ½ cup Wattie's frozen Baby Peas
- Unsweetened natural yoghurt
- Freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- Heat a dash of oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add onion and cook over a medium to low heat until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, red chilli and Gregg’s Curry Powder. Stir and cook a further minute.
- Pour over Wattie’s Indian Style Tomatoes and add the potatoes. Bring sauce to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. If the sauce reduces too much during this time cover saucepan with a lid. Add Wattie’s frozen Cauliflower and Wattie’s Baby Peas. Continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes until vegetables are tender and sauce is thick. Serve as a side dish with a dollop of natural unsweetened yoghurt, garnished with freshly chopped coriander.
- * Waxy potatoes hold their shape when cooked this way. Examples are Nadine, Draga and Perlas.
- To make this a main meal add a can of drained Wattie’s Chickpeas in Springwater with the potatoes. It will be necessary to add an extra can of Wattie’s Indian Style Tomatoes.
Ripened on the vine under the Hawke's Bay sun, Wattie’s Indian Style Tomatoes are diced and blended, then seasoned for an authentic Indian flavour.