- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups soft brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups grated carrot
- ½ cup Golden Circle Crushed Pineapple, well drained (optional)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 125 g softened butter
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- chopped nuts to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine the eggs, vanilla essence, brown sugar and oil in a large bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients and then stir in the grated carrots and pineapple (if using).
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes our clean. Rest the cake for 10 minutes before removing from the tin to cool.
- Make the icing by beating the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Beat in the icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make a smooth icing. Spread over the cooled cake and decorate with nuts.
1/2 cup chopped walnuts can be added instead of pineapple, if wished.