- 400 g block frozen savoury shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 100 g middle bacon, chopped
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 410 g can Wattie's Creamstyle Corn
- 5 eggs
- 300 ml cream or whole milk
1. Roll the pastry and line the base and sides of a 27cm deep loose bottom quiche dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C. Blind bake pastry for 10 minutes. Remove baking blind beans and return pastry to oven for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
3. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Cook onion and bacon until onion is soft and bacon cooked. Scatter over the base of the prepared quiche base. Sprinkle over grated cheese.
4. In a bowl beat together Wattie’s Creamstyle Corn, eggs and cream until well mixed. Season with freshly ground black pepper and a little salt if wished. Pour into pastry case. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until filling is set and golden. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before removing from the tin to serve.