- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- ½ tsp Gregg's Ground Smoked Paprika
- 1 cup Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes
- 420g can Wattie's Salsa Chilli Beans Medium
- 4 eggs
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 50g feta, crumbled (optional)
- Heat oil in a lidded frying pan (24cm diameter). Add onion and capsicums and cook over a low heat until onions and capsicums are soft. Add Gregg's Ground Smoked Paprika and cook for a further 1 minute. Pour over Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes and add Wattie’s Chilli Beans. Stir while bringing sauce up to the boil. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, to allow the sauce to reduce by about ⅓.
- Break the eggs over the beans and sauce. Cover. Reduce the heat and continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes until the whites are firm. The yolks should still be runny. Scatter over chopped parsley and feta if wished before serving with crusty bread or toast on the side.
- Replace yellow capsicums with green if wished or use mini sweet peppers.
- Replace Wattie's Chilli Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans if wished.
This passata style product uses only the finest vine-ripened Hawke’s Bay tomatoes, crushed and sieved to create this natural tomato sauce style product.