- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can Wattie's Chickpeas in Springwater, drained
- 450g can Wattie's Sliced Beetroot, drained
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 100g creamy feta, crumbled
- 4 burger buns, cut in half and toasted
Toppings of your choice:
- Rocket leaves
- Wattie's Sliced Beetroot
- HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Mayonnaise
- Heat a dash of oil in a pan and cook the onion over a low heat until soft. Add smoked paprika, stir until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Place the Wattie’s Chickpeas in a food processor and process until they resemble mashed beans. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop ½ the can of Wattie’s Sliced Beetroot and add to the chickpeas with the onion mixture, chopped parsley and crumbled feta. Mix well then form into patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Cook the patties over a medium to low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and hot.
- Serve in toasted buns with toppings of your choice: rocket leaves, avocado, remainder of Wattie’s Sliced Beetroot and HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Mayonnaise.
Instead of burgers, serve patties with a crisp green salad on the side.