- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g beef mince
- 450 g sausage meat
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 420 g can Wattie’s Baked Beans
- 2 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Wattie’s Tomato Sauce
- Lightly grease a 23cm x 13cm loaf tin. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook the onion and garlic in a dash of oil over medium heat until the onion softens. Remove from heat and place in a bowl to cool.
- Add beef mince, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, Wattie’s Baked Beans, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, thyme and parsley and mix together until well combined.
- Turn meat mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Press mixture firmly into the tin and smooth the top. Cover with foil.
- Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes. Remove foil and brush the top with Wattie’s Tomato Sauce. Return to the oven and cook a further 5 minutes until top is glazed.
- Drain off any fat residue and allow to rest in the tin for 10 minutes to firm up before turning out onto a serving plate. Cut into thick slices. Serve with creamy mashed potato, seasonal vegetables and extra tomato sauce or try serving cold with salad or as a sandwich filling.
You can substitute Wattie’s Baked Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar*, if preferred.
* Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Baked Beans in tomato sauce 420g.