- 12 patty cases (approx. 5cm diam x 6cm tall)
- 125g butter, softened
- ¾ cup soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 6 soft Cadbury chocolate caramels (optional)*
- 150g butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan bake). Place paper patty cases into a muffin tray.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in mashed bananas. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and Gregg’s Ground Cinnamon into the creamed mixture. Gently fold in the dry ingredients with the milk until combined.
- ¾ fill each patty case with the mixture. If wished, press a halved chocolate caramel into the mixture until covered. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cakes are cooked. They will spring back when lightly touched in the middle. Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes.
- Carefully removed the cupcakes from the tin and transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. When cold, ice with the chocolate buttercream.
- Beat butter until creamy. Add sifted icing sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Continue beating until smooth, adding 1-2 tablespoons of milk if necessary to make it a piping consistency. Pipe a swirl on top of each of the cupcakes.
- * Instead of Cadbury Chocolate Caramels you can also use Cadbury Salted Caramel Chocolate.
- Decorate with grated chocolate if wished.