- 500 g box Wattie's Hash Browns Original
- 420 g can Wattie's Baked Beans
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 4 rashers bacon, diced
- ¾ cup grated cheese (eg. Parmesan, Edam, Colby, Cheddar)
- Place the Wattie's Hash Browns in the base of a large baking dish, trimming where necessary.
- Pour over the Wattie's Baked Beans and spread out evenly.
- Beat the eggs together and pour over the top of the baked beans.
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheese over the top of the eggs, and season with pepper if wished.
- Bake at 200°C towards the top of the oven for 30 minutes until set. Stand for 2 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley if wished and serve in wedges.
- You can substitute Wattie’s Baked Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar*, if preferred.
- You can also try the recipe with Wattie’s Spaghetti 50% Less Added Sugar** for a twist.
Swap it out
- Replace Wattie’s Baked Beans with Wattie’s Mexican Beans or Mild Chilli Beans and switch out the bacon for chopped chorizo sausage. You can also replace the grated cheese with crumbled feta cheese.
- Replace Wattie’s Hash Browns with Wattie’s Hash Bites placing them in a tight single layer on the base of the dish.
* Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Baked Beans in tomato sauce 420g.
** Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Spaghetti in tomato sauce 420g.