- 2 fresh eggs
- 2 thick slices wholegrain or sourdough bread, grilled or toasted
- 175 g pottle Just Smash Avocado & Basil Pesto
- 2 slices (50g) smoked salmon
- Poach the eggs in a saucepan with gently simmering water until the whites are set and yolks are still runny.
- To serve spoon a thick layer of Just Smash Avocado & Basil Pesto onto the toasted bread. Top with a slice of smoked salmon and poached egg. Garnish with your favourite toasted seeds* and ground black pepper and salt, or freshly chopped parsley.
*We used toasted sunflower and sesame seeds with linseeds and black sesame seeds.
- When poaching eggs:
- Make sure the eggs are fresh. Fresh eggs have a thicker white and hold their shape better when poaching.
- Crack the eggs into a cup before tipping it into the pan.
- The water in the pan should be at least 5 cm deep. Add a dash of vinegar to the water.
- Drop the egg into the simmering water. Do not allow the water to boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the white has set and the yolk cooked to your liking.
- If grilling the bread, brush slices with a little olive oil before either placing under the grill or frying in a griddle pan.
Swap it out
- Replace the poached eggs with scrambled eggs if wished.
- Replace salmon with wilted spinach or grilled bacon if wished.
- Other Just Smash dip range can be used in this recipe.
Switch it up
- You can use other breads of choice like sourdough, Swedish rye, etc.
- Add finely chopped fresh chilli to the smash dip before spreading if wished.