- 600 g Tegel chicken breast or thigh fillets
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- 1 leek, washed and trimmed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2-3 rashers bacon, diced
- 500 g can Wattie's Just Add Chicken Sweet Apricot Simmer Sauce
- 500 g bag Wattie's Potato Pom Poms
1. Cut Tegel chicken meat into 3-4cm pieces. Heat oil in a heavy based fry pan, brown chicken pieces turning once. Remove from pan and keep warm.
2. Cut leeks into 1cm slices, fry in residue oil with celery and bacon until softened.
3. Stir in Wattie's Just Add Sweet Apricot Simmer Sauce with reserved chicken. Heat gently and pour into a deep lasagne style dish.
4. Arrange the Wattie's Potato Pom Poms on top.
5. Bake at 190°C for 30 minutes until piping hot.
Alternatively make 4 individual pies.