- 2 x 400 g packets frozen sweet short pastry, defrosted
- ½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 410 g can Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice, well drained
- 400 g can Wattie's Simply Diced Apple
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup cream
1. On a lightly floured board, put both blocks of pastry together and knead in the ground hazelnuts.
2. Divide in half and roll one piece out large enough to cover the base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm well-greased slice tin.
3. Scatter the Wattie’s Simply Diced Apples and Wattie’s Peaches Sliced in Fruit Juice over the base of the pastry evenly.
4. In a bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, cream and vanilla essence and pour over the top of the fruit.
5. Roll out the remaining pastry portion large enough to cover the top of the slice tin. Roll on top, pressing the edges together.
6. Bake at 190°C for 40 minutes or until nicely browned. Stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
Serve with custard on the side or whipped cream.
Grown under the sun in Hawke’s Bay orchards and hand-picked, only the finest golden peaches are good enough to be chosen by Wattie’s.