- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 100 g butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup threaded dessicated coconut (or use regular)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 50 g butter, melted
- 380 g can Highlander Caramel Dessert Filling
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine all the base ingredients. Press into a baking paper lined square cake tin (20.5 x 20.5 x 4.5cm). Bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. To make the topping put the sugar, rolled oats, coconut and slivered almonds into a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Set aside.
3. Beat the caramel dessert filling until smooth. Spread over the shortcake base. Sprinkle over the topping. Return slice to the oven and cook a further 25 minutes, until the top is golden. Cool in the tin. Slice into pieces to serve.