- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs*
- ¼ cup roughly chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley and basil)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 4 × 100–125g fish fillets (such as snapper, tarakihi, cod or gurnard)
- 4 Tbsp Eta Garlic Mayonnaise
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan assisted). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the breadcrumbs, almonds, herbs, olive oil and lemon zest in a food processor and pulse until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish fillets on the prepared tray. Spread 1 tablespoon of Eta Garlic Mayonnaise on each fillet and sprinkle over the crumb mixture. Bake the fish on a shelf towards the top of the oven for 10–15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the topping is crispy and golden. Serve with a crisp salad on the side. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
- *Using a food processor or blender, process 1 slice of 1 or 2-day-old bread to give you approximately ½ cup of breadcrumbs.
Switch it up
- For delicious crispy fish fingers, cut each fillet into thin strips. Top with Eta Garlic Mayonnaise and crumb topping. Cook as above for 8–10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Serve as a nibble with toothpicks and lemon wedges.