- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs (1 slice bread)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley and basil)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 4 fish fillets (such as snapper, tarakihi or gurnard), 125g approx
- 4 Tbsp Eta Garlic Mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the breadcrumbs, almonds, herbs, olive oil and lemon zest in a food processor and pulse until just combined. Season to taste.
- Place the fish fillets on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spread a tablespoon of Eta Garlic Mayonnaise on each fillet and sprinkle over the crumb mixture. Cook the fish on a shelf towards the top of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping is crispy and golden.
For delicious crispy fish fingers, cut each fillet into thin strips. Top with ETA Garlic Mayonnaise and crumb topping. Cook as above for 8 to 10 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Serve as a nibble with toothpicks and lemon wedges to serve.