- 750 g chicken thigh cutlets and/or drumsticks, skin on
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 300 g potatoes, cut into wedges
- 400 g pumpkin, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 400 g can Wattie’s Pesto Style Tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- Wattie’s frozen Baby Peas
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Trim the chicken pieces if necessary. Season and place in a large open roasting dish.
2. Toss the prepared vegetables in a little oil (olive is nice) and place the vegetables around the chicken.
3. Roast chicken and vegetables for 40 minutes. Mix the Wattie’s Pesto Style Tomatoes
and stock together. Pour over the chicken and vegetables. Return to the oven and continue cooking a further 15-20 minutes until chicken and vegetables are cooked. Serve with Wattie’s Baby Peas.
Watch How To Video
Ripened on the vine under the Hawke's Bay sun, Wattie’s Pesto Tomatoes are blended with onions and basil, garlic, Parmesan, olive oil, and pinenuts.