I tried this and i think the yoghurt made the dish a bit bitter. :( So I think next time I will add sour cream instead
Turkish Lamb and Mashed Potatoes
- 500g casseroling lamb, diced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 each red and green capsicum, diced
- 400g can Wattie's Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic and Onion
- 290g can Wattie's Tomato Puree
- 1 cup unsweetened thick yogurt
- ¼ cup freshly torn mint leaves
- 450g bag Wattie's Homestyle Mashed Potato
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds or 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tblsp dried
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
2. Place the lamb, oil, allspice, cumin and garlic in a re-sealable plastic bag or shallow dish. Toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
3. Heat a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan or flameproof casserole and brown the meat over a high heat. Add the capsicum and cook a further 2 minutes then add the Wattie’s Tomatoes with Chopped Roasted Garlic and Onion and tomato puree, stir and cover.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes until the lamb is tender. Stir in the yoghurt and serve with the Turkish mashed potatoes, garnished with the mint.
Turkish Mashed Potatoes
Microwave the Wattie’s Frozen Homestyle Mashed Potato according to the instructions on the packet. In a small pan cook the cumin seeds and garlic in a dash of oil until fragrant and the seeds are toasted. Stir into the hot mashed potato with parsley and serve.
Follow instructions for steps 2-3 and place in a slowcooker and cook on LOW for approx. 8 hours (refer to your user manual). Serve as above.