Festive Christmas Pavlova
2 egg whites
1 ¼ cup caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp boiling water
- Draw a 20cm circle on baking paper and place ink side down onto a baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven to 120°C, conventional bake.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add caster sugar beating well as sugar is added. When half the sugar has been incorporated, add cornflour, vanilla extract, white vinegar and boiling water. Continue beating while gradually adding the remaining sugar. The final meringue will be thick, glossy and hold firm peaks when the beaters are lifted from the bowl.
- Spoon onto the baking paper lined tray.
- Bake for 1 hour and leave to cool completely in the oven.
- Decorate with whipped cream and your favourite fruit.
- Ensure you beat the sugar gradually with the meringue mixture till stiff peaks formed to ensure sugar is dissolved.
- Try with other fruits like peaches and nectarines.