Smashed Broad Bean, Avocado, Mint and Feta
| Makes 1 1/2 cups
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 5 minutes
500g bag Wattie's Frozen Broad Beans
1 ripe avocado
Juice from ½ lemon to taste
75g creamy feta, crumbed
Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Plunge the Wattie’s Broad Beans into boiling water. Return to the boil and then simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Squeeze the small green beans from their skins, discarding the skins.
- Mash the beans with a fork. Mash the flesh of the avocado with a fork and add to the broad beans, with the lemon juice, crumbled feta and mint. Mix well. Season with black pepper.
- Serve on toasted ciabatta bread.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on the ciabatta before topping with the spread.
- Spoon onto toasted ciabatta and garnish with cooked prawns and a little mayonnaise.
- For something different, try using Wattie's Frozen Baby Peas instead of Broad Beans.