Peach and Cream Cheese Muffins
| Makes 12
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 15-20 minutes
410g can Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice
½ cup spreadable cream cheese
1 ¾ cup flour (250g)
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¾ cup caster sugar (150g)
½ cup milk
Zest of ½ lemon
100g butter, melted
2 tsp caster sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan bake). Grease a 12 hole muffin pan. Drain (discarding the juice) and mash or finely chop Wattie’s Peach Slices. Mix ¼ cup of the chopped peaches with the cream cheese and set aside
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, lemon zest and remaining mashed peaches. Pour into dry ingredients with the melted butter. Carefully fold ingredients together until just mixed.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the batter into each of the prepared muffin tins. Place a teaspoon of the peaches and cream cheese filling on the batter. Top with the rest of the batter until tins are three quarters full.
- Sprinkle the 2 teaspoons of caster sugar on top of all the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and muffins spring back when pressed. Leave in the tins for 5 minutes before transferring to a cake rack to cool.