Warm Teriyaki Chicken and Soba Noodle Salad
| Serves 4
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 15 minutes
400g skinless chicken breast fillets
125g pouch Wattie's Wok Creations Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
150g dried soba noodles or 180-200g of pre cooked soba noodles
100g snow peas
Juice from 1 orange (about ¼ cup of juice)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 spring onions, chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces (julienne)
Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Toasted sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Place chicken in a medium sized saucepan. Add half the Wok Creations Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce. Pour over ½ cup of cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook the chicken for 10-15 minutes, turning it regularly to ensure it cooks right through. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stand covered for 10 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse into the chicken.
- While the chicken is standing, cook the soba noodles in a large pan of boiling, lightly salted water for 3-4 minutes, until noodles are just tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Blanch the snow peas for 1 minute in boiling water. Drain and refresh in cold water. Cut snow peas in half lengthwise.
- Whisk together remaining Teriyaki sauce, orange juice and oil. Pour over the noodles and toss well.
- Remove the chicken from the cooking liquid and shred into bite sized pieces. Add to the noodles, with the snow peas, spring onions, carrot sticks and chopped coriander. Mix together. Serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds if wished.