Warm Lamb, Feta & Chickpea Salad
| Serves 4
|| Prep Time 10 minutes
|| Cook Time 30 minutes
400-500g lamb rump
2 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp extra
400g can Wattie's Chickpeas in Springwater, drained
70g pine nuts
1 red onion
Juice of 1 lemon
100g baby kale leaves
250g punnet cherry tomatoes
200g feta, cubed
250mL bottle Eta Lite & Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
Italian flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C fanbake.
- Heat fry pan, rub the lamp rump with olive oil season with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides in the fry pan, transfer to an oven proof dish and place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until the lamb is medium rare. Remove from oven and set aside to rest.
- Wipe out the fry pan and add the extra Tbsp of olive oil, then add the Wattie’s Chickpeas. Cook until lightly golden, remove from pan to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the pine nuts, toss in the pan until lightly golden, and set aside in another bowl.
- Finely slice the red onion, place in a bowl with the juice of a lemon, set aside.
- Slice the lamb and add to a mixing bowl along with the kale, chickpeas, red onion, tomatoes and feta. Gently mix to combine.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Drizzle with approximately ¼ cup of the Eta Lite & Free Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Garnish with the pine nuts and chopped parsley.