Honey Soy Beef and Noodle Stir-Fry
| Serves 4
|| Prep Time 10 minutes
|| Cook Time 15 minutes
1 Tbsp peanut oil
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
450g rump steak cut into strips
1 tsp minced ginger
½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
4 cups (400g) prepared vegetables*
½ tsp ground five spice (optional)
210g pouch Wattie's WOK Creations Honey Soy Stir-Fry Sauce
350g pkt Singapore noodles
Handful Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or frying pan. Add onion and stir-fry over medium heat until it begins to soften. Increase heat and add beef and stir-fry until meat browns. Reduce the heat and add ginger, chilli, prepared vegetables and five spice (optional) and continue stir-frying for a further minute.
- Pour over Wattie’s WOK Creations Honey Soy Stir-fry Sauce. Stir through and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes until meat is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Remove Singapore noodles from the packets and put into a bowl. Pour over boiling water to heat the noodles. Drain. Serve stir-fry beef and vegetables over the noodles or toss the noodles through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and roasted cashew nuts if wished.
- Use a combination of your favourite vegetables such as – carrots (cut into matchsticks), broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, beans, courgettes (sliced), snow peas, mushrooms (sliced).
- Alternatively replace fresh vegetables with a 400g bag of frozen Wattie’s WOK Creations Stir-fry Vegetables.
- Replace beef with chicken breast or pork steaks cut into strips.