Quick and Easy Chicken Pad Thai
| Serves 4
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 15 minutes
200g dry thick Pad Thai rice noodles
1 Tbsp peanut oil
1 medium onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
400g chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut into strips
2 eggs, beaten
210g pouch Wattie's WOK Creations Pad Thai Stir-Fry Sauce
2 spring onions, sliced on an angle
100g bean sprouts
1 handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
⅓ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Lime or lemon wedges (optional)
- Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling water for approx. 5-7 minutes until just tender (or as per instructions on pack). Drain. Refresh in cold water and drain again.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or frying pan. Add onion and fry until it starts to soften. Increase the heat. Add chicken strips and stir-fry until golden and nearly cooked.
- Add beaten eggs and stir-fry until just scrambled and set.
- Reduce the heat. Add cooked noodles and Wattie’s WOK Creations Pad Thai Stir-Fry Sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes until noodles and chicken are coated and sauce hot. Toss through spring onions, bean sprouts, coriander and half the chopped peanuts.
- Serve in bowls garnished with the remaining chopped peanuts and wedge of lime or lemon if wished.