Teriyaki Chicken & Vegetables
| Serves 4
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 15 minutes
1 ¼ cups sushi rice
½ tsp salt
1 medium onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
1 medium carrot, cut into thin strips
500g chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut into strips
210g pouch Wattie's WOK Creations Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Pickled ginger (optional)
Sliced spring onions (optional)
- Rinse the sushi rice in cold water. Drain and put into a saucepan. Pour over 2 1/2 cups cold water and add salt. Cover and bring to the boil. Sir to prevent rice from sticking. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and stand covered for a further 10 minutes to allow the rice to steam and finish cooking.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a dash of oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the onion and carrots and stir-fry for a minute. Increase the heat and add the chicken strips and continue to stir-fry until chicken is golden.
- Add Wattie’s WOK Creations Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce. Stir through the meat and vegetables and continue cooking for 5- 10 minutes until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Boil or steam the broccoli until just cooked.
- Carefully mix rice vinegar and sugar through the cooked rice.
- To serve spoon a portion of rice into each bowl. Top with teriyaki chicken and broccoli. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, pickled ginger and sliced spring onions if wished before serving.