|Serves 6||Prep Time 10 minutes||Cook Time 30 minutes|
1. Heat a dash of olive oil in a lidded deep frying pan. Add the chicken and lightly brown with skins on.
2. Remove the chicken and drain any excess oil. Add the chopped bacon, onions, garlic and celery and lightly sauté until soft. Add the mustard, cayenne pepper and then place the chicken back into the pan. (The skins from the chicken can be removed at this stage to reduce fat).
3. Pour over the chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes add the drained Wattie's Lentils and continue to simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sauce is reduced.
5. Once reduced stir through chopped parsley and grate Parmesan cheese over the top. Serve with crusty bread.;