|Serves 2-3||Prep Time 15 minutes||Cook Time 25 minutes|
1. To make the pea puree put Wattie’s frozen Baby Peas, butter and stock in a microwave proof bowl. Cover.
2. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, until peas are hot.
3. Place peas and cooking liquid into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
1. Heat chicken stock until almost boiling. Set aside.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a large saucepan. Add sliced leek and cook over a medium heat until leek starts to soften but not brown. Add rice and stir until the grains whiten.
3. Pour in wine and allow to reduce by half. Add 2 cups of hot stock and stir. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
4. Stir in Wattie’s frozen Baby Peas. Continue cooking for a further 5 minutes, adding extra stock if necessary until rice is tender. Carefully stir through prepared pea puree, lemon zest and juice and crumbled feta. Season to taste.
For a vegetarian option replace chicken stock with vegetable stock.
Try adding smoked salmon, chicken or prawns for tasty variations.
Any remaining stock can be frozen in a covered plastic container.
Replace feta with parmesan if desired.