Recipes by Di Swann
1. Place the water in a jug; check it isn’t too warm before stirring in the yeast and the sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes to start working.
2. Mix the flour and salt together into a large bowl. Make a well and pour in the yeast, oil and Wattie’s Tomato Paste.
3. Mix together to form a dough; if it is too dry and crumbly add a little more water, if it is too wet add a little more flour.
4. Knead for about 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Brush a clean bowl with oil and place dough inside and cover with plastic wrap and place somewhere warm to double in size for about 30-60 minutes.
6. Punch the dough to knock the gas out and push out into a rectange shape and make finger holes over the top surface. Cover again with oiled foil and leave in a warm place to double in size.
7. Brush with oil and sprinkle with rock salt and rosemary pieces. Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden and hollow sounding when tapped.