Recipes by Di Swann
Impress everyone with Tikka Masala, one of India’s most popular dishes. Bursting with flavour with rich tomatoes, onion, Garam Masala spices and chilli. Just add your choice of meat and vegetables.
1. Heat a dash of ghee or oil in a heavy based saucepan and quickly sear chicken with the onion until lightly golden brown.
2. Reduce heat. Add capsicum. Pour over Wattie’s Indian Creations Tikka Masala Curry Sauce. Cover. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
3. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes before adding the yoghurt or cream, if using (to avoid the sauce curdling).
4. Serve over steamed basmati rice. Garnish with a little fresh coriander leaves and serve with poppadoms or naan bread.
* Replace chicken with diced lamb, seafood or vegetables. Note cooking time will vary depending on what is used.
* This recipe can also be cooked in the slow cooker. Use chicken thigh cutlets or diced stewing lamb. Cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Alternatively cook in the oven in an oven-proof dish for 1-2 hours at 160°C depending upon cut of meat.