- ½ cup Wattie's Bit on the Side Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 6 tender lemon tree leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
1. Place the Wattie's Bit on the Side Sweet Chilli Sauce and all other ingredients into a bowl and mix well. If you can, allow the mixture to stand for about 30 minutes.
2. Mold into 6 even shaped burgers.
3. BBQ or pan-fry the burgers over a moderate heat, for 5-7 minutes each side, turning only once. Alternatively grill the burgers under a hot heat.
4. Serve the burgers on a grilled bun, with a slice of grilled pineapple and crispy lettuce.
Serve with an extra dash of Wattie's Bit on the Side Sweet Chilli Sauce.