Recipes by Di Swann
1. To make the scone mix sift flour, salt and baking powder in to a large bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
2. Make a well in the centre of the scone mix. Pour in the water and stir with a knife to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly.
3. Roll out on a lightly floured board into a rectangle 40 cm wide x 25 cm high.
4. Spread the Wattie’s Spaghetti over the bottom 2/3 rectangle, then scatter evenly with the ham, spring onions and 3/4 cup edam cheese. Carefully roll the dough from the long edge and cut into 10 even pieces.
5. Place the cut rounds on a baking paper-lined oven tray in a circular or rectangular shape. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake at 220°C for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked in the centre. Serve warm.
Basic Scone Mix
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
6 tsp baking powder
50 grams butter
1 cup milk or water
Sift flour, salt and baking powder in to a bowl, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. (Continue as in Step 1)