1. In a food processor combine the HP Sauce, drained Wattie’s Apricot Halves and ginger, process until smooth.
2. Combine the marinade with the Tegel chicken nibbles and turn to coat.
3. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
4. Barbecue over a medium-high heat, turning often for 18-20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Serve with extra HP Sauce on the side.
Devilled Lamb Kebabs
600g lean lamb leg steaks
2 tsp whole grain mustard
1/2 red pepper, cut into 3-4cm pieces
1/2 yellow pepper, cut into 3-4cm pieces
1-2 courgettes, cut into 1.5cm slices
1/4 cup HP Sauce
1 tsp curry paste
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Cut the lamb steaks into 3-4cm pieces. Combine the HP Sauce, mustard, curry paste, lemon juice and honey. Add the lamb pieces and turn to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Thread the marinated lamb onto skewers alternately with the peppers and courgettes. Brush with any remaining marinade just before cooking.
3. Barbecue over a medium high heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned and the lamb is medium rare, turning 2-3 times only. Serve with extra HP Sauce on the side.
For more great chicken recipes, visit www.tegel.co.nz