Great recipe but i'd leave off the leek, they can have quite a strong flavour and may make it not have such a nice sweet and sour flavour, i think it's probably just there for texture, so you could add something like onion to get that same texture, celery could also work well with this recipe.
Sweet & Sour Chicken Stir Fry
Wok-a-licious! Cooking with a wok is quick and easy. This recipes is a great way to get into the groove, combining lemon, ginger, chicken and vegetables together to create a sweet and sour taste sensation.
- 500 g Tegel skinless, chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, rinsed and sliced diagonally
- 1-2 carrots, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 125 g round beans, cut in half
- 425g can Wattie's Stir Fry Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 2 bunches Shanghai bok choy, stalks sliced
- 400 g shelf fresh Hokkien noodles
1. Quickly cook Tegel chicken strips in a hot wok or frying pan with a dash of oil. This isbest done in 2 batches, set aside.
2. Add more oil to the pan and stir fry the leek, carrots, ginger, and beans until barely tender.
3. Stir in the Wattie’s Stir Fry Sweet&Sour Sauce with the bok choy, noodles and chicken strips and toss until hot.