1. Rinse the chicken out well, removing any giblets. Pat dry.
2. Using kitchen scissors, cut down either side of the back-bone of the chicken and discard.
3. Place the chicken breast side up on a chopping board and press down gently to flatten. Tuck the wings underneath. Using a sharp knife cut about 6 deep slashes in the chicken right through the meat.
4. Spread the chicken with half the Wattie's Bit on the Side Sweet Chilli Sauce and rub into the skin.
5. Bake in the centre of a 190°C oven for 1 hour. Spread the remaining Wattie's Bit On The Side Sweet Chilli Sauce on top and bake a further 40-50 minutes until the chicken is well browned and golden.
Note: If the chicken begins to brown too much, cover the top with foil, shiny side uppermost, until the chicken is cooked.
Serve with paw paw salsa, salad and new potatoes.
Paw Paw Salsa
Scoop the seeds from the paw paw. Peel the paw paw and then cut the fruit into 1cm dice. Mix gently with spring onions, Wattie's Bit On The Side Sweet Chilli Sauce and fresh ginger.
This salsa is nicer if it has been able to stand for at least one hour before serving.