- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Tararua Cultured Buttermilk
- ½ cup melted butter or canola oil
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups peeled and diced fresh fruit such as nectarines, peaches, rhubarb, apples or pears
- ½ cup Craig’s Reduced Sugar Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 1 Tbsp softened butter
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp flour
1. In a large bowl, put the sugar, egg, Tararua Cultured Buttermilk and butter or oil and stir together until smooth.
2. Sift in the flour and baking soda together and fold into the buttermilk mixture with the fresh fruit.
3. Turn 1/3 of the loaf mixture into a baking paper-lined large (23cm x 13cm) loaf tin. Spoon over half the Craig’s Reduced Sugar Strawberry Fruit Spread, making swirls through the cake batter. Repeat the layers, finish with a layer of cake batter.
4. For the topping rub the butter into the sugar and flour and sprinkle over the loaf.
5. Bake at 180°C for about 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the centre, comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold, cut in slices. With extra fruit and yoghurt.