- ½ x 700 g bag Wattie’s frozen Southern Style Potato Roasters
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- ½ x 700 g bag Wattie's frozen Super Mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheese
1. Preheat oven to 210°C fan bake or 230°C conventional. Place the Wattie’s frozen Southern Style Potato Roasters
in the base of a greased lasagne-style dish (2-litre capacity). Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C fan bake 180°C conventional.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion until softened. Scatter onion over cooked roasters.
3. Thaw Wattie's frozen Super Mix in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Spoon over roasters.
4. Whisk the eggs and season. Pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle over grated cheese. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20-25 minutes, until the egg is set and the top is golden. Serve with a salad and your favourite chutney on the side.
Watch How To Video
For a non-vegetarian option cook a little chopped bacon with the onion if wished. Or scatter ham or salami over the potatoes before pouring the eggs over them.
Tasty skin-on potato pieces from the fields of Canterbury, with a golden, crispy crunch. Generously seasoned with a delicious blend of herbs and spices and a pinch of southern style sass ! Potatoes with their skin on increase the fibre content.