Very yummy salad and a great alternative to the "Green Salad".. The crunchy parmasan bits are the best!
If there’s any dish better suited to the long hot days of summer than a fresh crunchy salad we certainly haven’t found it. This variation on the iconic Caesar combines the zesty flavours of triple smoked ham and parmesan with a smooth, creamy dressing.
- 2/3 French stick
- 6 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cos lettuce, trim off coarse leaves and wash
- 320g smoked ham
- 200g asparagus, peeled, blanched, cut into 4cm pieces
- 6 sundried tomato halves, drained and finely sliced
- ¾ cup 250ml bottle Eta Caesar Dressing
1. Cut French stick in half lengthwise, cut into 1cm slices, arrange on a baking tray and brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Cook at 180ºC for 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden.
2. Cut the cos lettuce into chunky pieces and arrange in a bowl or serving platter.
3. Cut smoked ham into strips, scatter over lettuce with croutons, asparagus and sundried tomatoes. Pour over Eta Caesar Dressing .