Recipes by Di Swann
1. Defrost the turkey following the instructions on the packet. Wipe the turkey cavity well with a paper towel.
3. Cook the pecans in a 180°C oven for 10 minutes. Cool. Chop very finely.
4. In a bowl mix together the pecans, orange rind and orange flesh, chives, egg and rice. Season well with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon the stuffing into the turkey cavity. Tie the turkey legs together with string or cotton. Tuck the wings underneath.
6. Place the turkey in a roasting/oven bag and place into a baking dish.
7. Roast the turkey following the instructions on the back of the Tegel Turkey packet.
8. When cooked remove the turkey from the oven and allow to stand for 20 minutes, while preparing the gravy.
9. Strain any pan juices from the roasting/oven bag into a jug and allow the fat and juice to separate out. Return about 4 Tbsp of the fat to the pan and discard the remaining fat.
10. Add the flour to the pan and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until frothy. Measure the reserved juices and make up to 1 1/2 cups with water or extra chicken stock. Stir into the pan with the mustard, orange juice and chicken stock. Simmer until thickened and season with pepper if wished. Carve the turkey and serve with spoonfuls of stuffing and the gravy.