Recipes by Di Swann
1. Defrost the Tegel Turkey following the instructions on the packet.
2. Wash the turkey cavity out well and wipe well with a paper towel.
3. Toast all the nuts in a 180°C oven for 10-12 minutes until the nuts are golden. Allow to cool and then chop roughly.
4. In a bowl mix together the nuts, spring onions, apricots, orange zest and flesh, fresh breadcrumbs and herbs. Season well with pepper and salt.
5. Spoon the stuffing into the turkey cavity. Tie the turkey legs together with string or cotton. Tuck the wings underneath.
6. Place the turkey in a roasting bag and place into a baking dish.
7. Roast the turkey following the instructions on the back of the Tegel Turkey packet.
8. When cooked remove the turkey from the pan and allow to stand for 20 minutes, while preparing the gravy.
9. Strain off any pan juices into a jug and allow the fat and juice to separate out. Return about 4 Tbsp of the fat to the pan and discard the remaining fat.
10. Add the flour to the pan and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until frothy. Measure the reserved pan juices and make up to 1 1/2 cups with the stock. Stir into the pan with the fresh herbs and simmer until thickened. Season with pepper and salt if wished.
Carve the turkey and serve with spoonfuls of stuffing and the gravy.