- 2.5-3 kg 100% New Zealand Pork Leg Roast
- 1 bunch salad leaves
- 300 g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Absolutely Apple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
1. Rub the 100% New Zealand Pork Leg Roast liberally with oil and salt. Arrange the washed sage on a rack in a baking tray and place the pork on top.
2. Fan bake at 220°C for 20 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 160°C and cook, allowing 30 minutes per 500g of meat. To test if it’s ready, pierce the pork with a skewer at the thickest part through to the bone – if the juices run clear, the pork is cooked. Alternatively, use a meat thermometer and cook the pork to 71°C. If the meat is not cooked, continue to cook for a further 15 minutes before testing again.
3. Cover and rest the pork for 15 minutes before carving.
4. Drain the cooking juices from the roasting pan. Combine in a small saucepan with theWattie’s Bit on the Side Absolutely Apple Sauce and sage. Heat gently without boiling.
5. Serve the roast pork slices with pieces of crackling, warm sage and apple sauce and your favourite roast vegetables.