Recipes by Di Swann
1. Place the 100% New Zealand Pork Roast on a rack in a baking tray. Rub liberally with oil and salt.
2. Place into a 220°C oven for the first 20 minutes then lower the oven to 160°C and allow 30 minutes per 500 grams. To test for doneness, pierce the pork with a skewer at the thickest part through to the bone and if the juices run clear the pork is cooked. Or use a meat thermometer and cook pork to 71°C. If not cooked, continue to cook for a further 15 minutes before testing again.
3. Carefully remove the crackling and keep warm.
4. Combine the Wattie's Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce with the chopped thyme. Spoon approximately 1/2 cup over the pork to glaze.
5. Add the Wattie's Diced Apple to the remaining Cranberry Sauce and thyme. Serve cold or warm as an accompaniment to the pork.
Serve the pork sliced with pieces of crackling.