Recipes by Di Swann
Pea and Mint Pesto
1. Cook the peas according to bag instructions. Allow peas to cool.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the lamb fat side up into a roasting dish. Spread the surface with dijon mustard.
2. Spread and pat the pea and mint pesto crust over the lamb. Drizzle over a little extra olive oil.
3. Roast for approximately 2 hours. After 1 ½ hours of cooking place a sheet of foil over the crust to avoid it burning. Allow meat to stand for 15 minutes before carving.
4. Serve with remaining Pea and Mint Pesto. If the pesto is too thick stir in a little water.